If you are in an accident, consider taking the following steps:
A personal injury case is when a person suffers injury due to another person’s actions, or failure to act when the person should. The basic issues that make up a case revolve around who was liable, or legally responsible, for the incident causing harm and what amount needs to be paid to the person who was injured.Common types of personal injury cases.
Personal injury cases include:
• Road traffic accidents such as when a vehicle collides with another vehicle, pedestrian, animal, road debris, or other obstruction, such as a tree or utility pole.
• Tripping or slipping accidents whether inside or outside a building due to either unsafe conditions or misuse of the property.
• Assault and battery claims where assault is defined as the threat of an imminent, harmful act and battery is the actual intentional harmful contact with another.
• Product defect accidents due to either manufacturer mistake, dangerous product design or a failure to provide adequate warning.
• Medical negligence where a patient receives improper, unskilled or negligent treatment by a physician, dentist, nurse, pharmacist or other healthcare professional.